Monday, December 6, 2010

Rani Mukherjee doesn’t want children to watch her new film



After a long wait of nearly two years Indian audiences will be able to see the Rani Mukherjee in her next movie ‘ No One Killed Jessica’ by Raj Kumar Gupta, where she plays a crime journalist. We asked her how playing a crime journalist was like. Says she, “ My character, Meera Geethe, is quite heroic and I just fell in love with it. I enjoyed every moment on the sets.” Rani picked up the finer nuances of crime journalism while shooting for this film.

Though when asked if she modelled herself on any one journalist she replies, “ Not any particular one. I guess I was inspired by a mixture of journalists to play such a dynamic role.” The actor is quite emphatic that, “ This film does not aim to mock the Indian judicial system.

The movie is about an incident that actually happened and the script was approved by Jessica Lal’s family members i. e. Sabrina ( Jessica’s sister) and we worked exactly as per the script.” We quizzed her on how she felt when she first heard of Jessica Lall’s murder. “ My reaction was the same as anyone else’s. I was aware about the Jessica Lal case and we also met Sabrina in Delhi during our conference.

I have full sympathies with her as she spent the best years of her life getting justice for her sister. This film also portrays the power of the media and the important role that it played in the Jessica Lal case.” The movie has not been without controversies.

The Censor Board has objected to parts of the film; and yet the producers seem to be rather unperturbed by the whole episode. To this Rani’s reaction is, “ That’s my producer’s job he is doing it so how do I comment on my producer’s behalf. But I feel that all the scenes in the movie are in sync with the story and are integral to the movie. True, the scene of showing the middle finger was in the news, but I did it as I was comfortable doing it; now it is the producer’s take. So I would appreciate if you concentrate on the positivity of the whole film and not just pick up one scene.”

When asked if ‘ No One Killed Jessica Lall’ gets an ‘ A’ certificate as Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘ Kaminey’ did, what her reaction would be, Rani surprises us by stating, “ I will be more than happy if that happens. I don’t want children to watch this film as I wouldn’t take my niece along to watch the film.” So, why did the actor take such a long break after ‘ Dil Bole Hadippa’? “ I didn’t take long, retorts Rani, “ it’s all UTV’s fault as I started shooting for ‘ No One Killed Jessica’ immediately after I finished with ‘ Dil Bole Hadippa’. The movie is releasing on January 7.”

Rani will be making a film with Aamir Khan after this, but the actor refused to divulge any details on pains of falling out with Aamir, instead exhorting her fans to enjoy ‘ No One Killed Jessica.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed