Monday, April 18, 2011

Abhay Deol girlfriend Preeti Desai creates 'Shor in the City' !



Colonial cousin, ‘Miss Great Britain’ and Kingfisher Swimsuit model Preeti Desai is a British Indian, born in a Gujarati family and the newest entrant to B-Town. Yet, no one is as glamour struck by her as she is herself ! She asks “ So, you seem to be awe struck, isn’t it?” and answers it herself; “ I know what you are thinking! That I have modeled as a ‘Nangi punki’ gal on KFC?” Well, why did she do it we oblige by asking. “ I was invited by Vijay Mallya as ambassador and I was indeed happy about it. I see no reason not to take this opportunity, hence, I just agreed to do it,” she says, candidly.

But don’t blame her if her words get mixed up - her Hindi is not so good, she says. Preeti is gearing up to make a noise with Ekta’s home production ‘Shor in the Citya’. “ I am working in Balaji’s film ‘ Shor In the City’ opposite Hollywood actor Sendhil Ramamurthy. I would not hesitate to tell you that I got this film through my secretary or that I do not have that many scenes in the film; just a few. It was like a screen test! I am not very fluent with Hindi, as I am just learning to speak, so I decided to venture into films with ‘Shor…’, in which I can speak the way I speak in my real life. I am happy to be working opposite Sendhil,” Preeti says. It’s not that she is new to Hindi entirely, she hastens to add. “ I can speak Hindi, just not very fluently, so I speak to new faces in English.

I do not want to use anything which might offend them. I believe I will hone my Hindi language skills very soon. On a lighter note, she adds, “ None of my friends ever tried to teach me ‘ gaalis’ in Hindi.’ What? Not even Abhay? “ No personal queries please,” she snaps.

How did a pretty girl like her, a complete newbie, skip the casting couch entirely? “ My secretary accompanies me everywhere so the question of CC does not arise,” she says.

So, does her secretary shadow her? “ I feel every girl in any profession if she comes across a casting couch problem needs to use her brains and skip it without creating a show. Girls should be smart enough to avoid being victims,” she says, though she admits, “ I’ve been lucky not to be approached in this respect. Moreover I am not the desperate kind. I am here to get work, but I am taking my strides smartly enough! Also people come to know from my attitude that I will not accept their invitation. I am not running after money. Working with a good production house helps one avail an opportunity totally on the basis of talent.” Preeti shares a live- in- relationship with the talented actor Abhay Deol, but it looks like she’s been well trained by the reclusive Abhay. She cuts us short, “ No personal questions please.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed